Translator

 

Friday, January 8, 2010

Decorating my room


I have finally gotten my very own room after all these years.

I didn't really mind about that previously, it had become a habit to me, after sharing a room with my brother for 10 years. The day I asked for a Double decker bed as my birthday present at 13 years old was the day I started having a downstair-neighbour. I liked the height, so I chose to slept on the upper bed while bro was contented with his lower bed. Though we are sharing a room, it didn't always feel that way to me, cause I can't SEE him from my upper bed. With the 7 years gap, we can't really be the best of buddies. But there were nights when we would chat to each other on our beds without seeing each other. The conversations roamed around the room, with him talking from his lower bed and me on the upper bed.

After dad cleared away his den, I have now my own room. The prospect of it got me excited. It is a tiny room with limited full walls. I was tested when it came to arranging the furnitures around the room. The little girl in me took over and I ended up decorating my room in a child like manner. It took me quite some time to decide on the wall colour. Secretly, I kinda wanted a princess-like room. I chose light purple for all the walls and pink for the wall beside my bed. I like the harmony contrast, the room looks like sweet candy.

I have got many stuffed animals and soft toys , they were gifts. I didn't know what got into me, but I pooled them into the corner and bought a white coloured garden fence to enclose them, it looks like a little farm. Grandma asked me how come I didn't find it 'zho deng' ? Personally, I found it kinda cute.

I love carpets. Especially those with soft thick furs. They are usually expensive and cost hundreds of ringgit. But I found 1 purple carpet at Jusco during sales, RM50+, not very furry to my liking, but satisfactory. I love sitting on the carpet while reading.

The walls look blank without pictures. I would like to have paintings on my wall, but I don't have the confidence to draw nice pictures on the wall. Afterall, I was pro at crayon art , but not murals. And God knows how much paint I would need for the wall. Thus I was overjoyed when I found wall stickers at shopping malls and night markets. They costed around RM2 for one big sticker, I bought nearly 10.






Mum got excited over the stickers as well. She said they would look good on her classroom's bulletin boards. She made me give her the sticker with sunflowers. Her argument being : There would be more than 50 ppl seeing the picture in my classroom, compared to yours which would only be admired by you alone. She ended up having her way, because my walls are full.

4 comments:

Joechooi said...

好有童话的一间房啊.. :)

Unknown said...

Nice deco girl... if got chace can hav a lot... hehe...

岁月留声 said...

princess, where u buy the sticker? call u tell me??

Xin Ying said...

eStee : I bought it at pasar malam yulek. I think most night markets might sell them :) Your kids sure will like them.

Bloggies

《大馬部落》

BlogMalaysia.com